- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove all but 1/2 cup meat sauce to a bowl.
- Drain the pasta; place half over the sauce in the skillet. Layer with half of the reserved meat sauce and 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, meat sauce and cheese. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forItalian Skillet Supper
"This recipe is most definitely a keeper. We used half mild italian sausage and the other half hot italian sausage for just a lil bit of kick and it came out perfect."
"This recipe needs some spice. I added some onions, garlic and basil - and I mixed up the cheeses - it is especially good with mozzarelli, provolone and a bit of sharp cheddar."
"This recipe was missing something. My family did not enjoy it."
"my family really enjoyed this meal, it was easy to prepare. The only thing I did different was add some italian seasoning. This recipe will go into my menu rotation"
"I loved this recipe.It was quick and it taste good"