My family members all agree that this recipe's a keeper! For variety, you can try it with turkey sausage or spicy hot sausage.—Elaine Anderson, New Galilee, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove all but 1/2 cup meat sauce to a bowl.
- Drain the pasta; place half over the sauce in the skillet. Layer with half of the reserved meat sauce and 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining pasta, meat sauce and cheese. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Skillet Supper in Country Woman September/October 2004, p35
Reviews for Italian Skillet Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review