Italian Sirloin Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Mayonnaise, optional
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the beef, pepperoncinis and onion; sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Pour beer over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls if desired. Place cheese on roll bottoms. With a slotted spoon, place meat mixture over cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Sirloin Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
Our apologies for the omission, the recipe will be updated soon. In the meantime, the jars of pepperoncinis should be poured over the top of the beef.
I think that was this website's error not the author's. I have this recipe which was in one of their publications and it says layer the beef,peppers and onions in slow cooker. Hope that helps :) I used one 16 ounce jar of peppers because I could not find the 11 1/2 ounce size and I had slightly less than 2 lbs of beef. It was tasty but the beer taste definitely got stronger on the 2nd and third day of leftovers which I didn't especially care for.
I would like to try this recipe but I've noticed the author left out the pepperoncini peppers in the directions!!!! I assume they go in the slow cooker.....?