“After a hectic day, our family loves coming home to the inviting smell of Italian beef wafting from our slow cooker,” says Keith Sadler of Oran, Missouri. He suggests using broth from his recipe as an au jus sauce, perfect for dipping.
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (2 pounds), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 jars (11-1/2 ounces each) pepperoncini, undrained
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Mayonnaise, optional
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the beef, pepperoncinis and onion; sprinkle with oregano and garlic salt. Pour beer over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Spread mayonnaise on cut sides of rolls if desired. Place cheese on roll bottoms. With a slotted spoon, place meat mixture over cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Beef Sandwiches in Country Woman August/September 2007, p35
Reviews for Italian Sirloin Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review