Italian Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/4 cups) equals 327 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.