Italian Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute or until crisp-tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, basil, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Shrimp and Pasta
Sort By :
"Fast, east and healthy! I used the Barilla plus pasta. Also added with the garlic some (about 3 tablespoons) finely chopped hot hungarian chili ( the garden produced lots this year) a tablespoon capers."
"I prefer sautéing the shrimp separately in olive oil and garlic and then add the tomato sauce to it after."
"Great taste overall (especially with fresh herbs) but a bit too much liquid for the sauce. Might want to drain the diced tomatoes. Garnished with freshly grated cheese and basil."
"This is great base of a recipe. I switched out a can of diced tomatoes and added a can of rotel. I also used 2 cloves of garlic. Very good!!"
"This recipe was so good!!! The first time i made it my husband loved it had two plates and even take it for his lunch at work.. Here's what i did: i pre-seasoned the shrimp with a little bit of garlic and onion powder to taste and add some salt to the tomato mixture to taste and turned out PERFECT!!!!"