Italian Shrimp 'n' Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2x1-in. strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta or other small pasta
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil; transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in pasta; cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook for 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Shrimp 'n' Pasta
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe. It is a little spicy for the younger kids. But the older ones love it. I like that I can skim out the shrimp for those that don't like it and still have chicken in it for them. I make it 3 to 4 times a year.
I made this for a pot luck - well received. I felt the spices were a little overwhelming for the shrimp so I may tweak it just a little next time.
I thought this was an excellent make ahead dish.will definitely make again.
How can I scale this down for two people?