Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Everyone loves these easy sandwiches! For extra pizzazz, top with provolone cheese and banana pepper rings. —Margie Williams, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water and salad dressing and au jus mixes; pour over meat. Top with onion and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat. When cool enough to handle, shred meat. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
Very easy and delicious! I added a slice of Swiss and some banana peppers to my sandwich...yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >