Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Everyone loves these easy sandwiches! For extra pizzazz, top with provolone cheese and banana pepper rings. —Margie Williams, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 9 hours
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water
- with salad dressing and au jus mixes; pour over meat. Top with onion
- and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat is tender. Remove
- meat. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Skim
- fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through.
- Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 298 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot