Everyone loves these easy sandwiches! For extra pizzazz, top with provolone cheese and banana pepper rings. —Margie Williams, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cups water
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope au jus gravy mix
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 12 Italian rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water with salad dressing and au jus mixes; pour over meat. Top with onion and chilies.
Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks. Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls.
Freeze option: Freeze individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juices freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p41
Reviews for Italian Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review