- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead 10-12 times or until smooth. Divide dough into eight portions. Shape each portion into a 24-in. log. Cut logs into 2-in. pieces.
- Place sesame seeds and milk in separate shallow bowls. Dip pieces in milk, then roll in sesame seeds. Place 2-in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Sesame Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p80
Reviews for Italian Sesame Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review