Italian Seasoned Bread Recipe
"When I didn't have the onion soup mix called for in the original recipe, I used Italian salad dressing mix instead," writes Jill Dickinson of Aurora, Minnesota. "Now this mildly seasoned bread is my family's favorite."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Italian Seasoned Bread
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
"Very nice texture. Didn't 'taste' the seasoning mix much, but we ate it still warm. Maybe by tomorrow it will 'ripen'. If not, perhaps will add Italian Seasoning. Will definately make it again."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC