"When I didn't have the onion soup mix called for in the original recipe, I used Italian salad dressing mix instead," writes Jill Dickinson of Aurora, Minnesota. "Now this mildly seasoned bread is my family's favorite."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Italian Seasoned Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p10
Reviews for Italian Seasoned Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
"Very nice texture. Didn't 'taste' the seasoning mix much, but we ate it still warm. Maybe by tomorrow it will 'ripen'. If not, perhaps will add Italian Seasoning. Will definately make it again."