"When I didn't have the onion soup mix called for in the original recipe, I used Italian salad dressing mix instead," writes Jill Dickinson of Aurora, Minnesota. "Now this mildly seasoned bread is my family's favorite."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Italian Seasoned Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p10
Reviews for Italian Seasoned Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review