Italian Sausages with Provolone Recipe
- 10 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 10 brat buns
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages in batches in oil. Drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Place sausages and cheese in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with pepper mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 543 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,267 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.