Italian Sausages with Provolone Recipe
- 10 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 10 brat buns, split
- 1. In a large skillet, brown sausages in batches in oil. Drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- 2. Place sausages and cheese in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with pepper mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 543 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 1,267 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausages with Provolone
"Wow, these were soooo good! I used turkey Italian sausage and a light zesty Italian dressing. When I was browning, the sausages, I also sauted the onion and peppers with a dash of salt so they would be cooked through when the sausages were done in the crockpot. In my crockpot, this took 3 hours to cook. To get the cheese nice and melty, I put the bun with the cheese in the toaster oven for a short time. Turned out perfect!"
"very good and easy , dont forget the bun can make or break a sandwich , a must try for all"
"I'll ditto dianeharring.......easy and yummy! We will make this again!"
"I have made this twice now. It is great. I've made it in the crock pot and I've made it in a skillet. I also used Johnsonville smoked brats the second time I made it and it was every bit as good as the first time. This has become a family favorite. I will continue to make this again and again."
"Delicious, there were no leftovers!"
"easy and yummy!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.