Here’s an easy recipe everyone will rave about. These tangy sausages with their pepper and onion topping will go quickly. Better make a double batch! —Shelly Bevington-Fisher, Hermiston, Oregon
- 10 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 10 brat buns, split
- In a large skillet, brown sausages in batches in oil. Drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Place sausages and cheese in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with pepper mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausages with Provolone in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p47
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausages with Provolone
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review