Italian Sausages with Provolone Recipe
- 10 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 each small sweet red, yellow and orange peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 10 brat buns
- In a large skillet, brown sausages in batches in oil. Drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the peppers, onions and salad dressing. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and vegetables are tender.
- Place sausages and cheese in buns; using a slotted spoon, top with pepper mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausages with Provolone(3)
Sort By :
I have made this twice now. It is great. I've made it in the crock pot and I've made it in a skillet. I also used Johnsonville smoked brats the second time I made it and it was every bit as good as the first time. This has become a family favorite. I will continue to make this again and again.
Delicious, there were no leftovers!
easy and yummy!