Italian Sausage With Spaghetti
"A restaurant owner in my hometown of St. Germain, Wisconsin gave me this recipe," says Sue Kessro. "I've made bigger batches for company several time, and I'm always asked for the recipe."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casing removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender.
- Crumble sausage over vegetables; add mushrooms. Cook over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the olives, Italian seasoning and salt if desired. Add cream;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes
- or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add sauce and toss gently.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with turkey Italian sausage) equals 901 calories, 69 g fat (38 g saturated fat), 254 mg cholesterol, 1,014 mg sodium,