Italian Sausage With Spaghetti Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casing removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Crumble sausage over vegetables; add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the olives, Italian seasoning and salt if desired. Add cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add sauce and toss gently. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with turkey Italian sausage) equals 901 calories, 69 g fat (38 g saturated fat), 254 mg cholesterol, 1,014 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage With Spaghetti
"I love this, different and full of flavor."
"This was a great dish! Normally with other recipes we add alot more spices.Not with this one.We just added the schwan's Mediterranean veggies as it has squash,zucchini already cut up and flavored and a little more cream to coat! This was a very easy and fast meal to prepare and good flavor. Keep up the good work! This goes in the keeper file!!!"