Italian Sausage With Spaghetti Recipe
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casing removed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. Crumble sausage over vegetables; add mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the olives, Italian seasoning and salt if desired. Add cream; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until thickened. Drain spaghetti; add sauce and toss gently. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 901 calories, 69g fat (38g saturated fat), 254mg cholesterol, 1014mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage With Spaghetti
"I love this, different and full of flavor."
"This was a great dish! Normally with other recipes we add alot more spices.Not with this one.We just added the schwan's Mediterranean veggies as it has squash,zucchini already cut up and flavored and a little more cream to coat! This was a very easy and fast meal to prepare and good flavor. Keep up the good work! This goes in the keeper file!!!"