Italian Sausage with Bow Ties Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Sausage with Bow Ties(43)
Sort By :
Really good. Followed previous reviewers tip of adding spinach which is a brilliant idea, added color and a nice taste. Next time will make more sauce and add more tomato. Would also be nice with some sundried tomatoes.
I made this dish with our venison sausage and it was amazing! It was our Christmas dinner this year. Fantastic recipe. Next time I'll add spinach for color.
Easy to make and a big hit with the whole family.
I add baby bella mushrooms to mind and the kids love it!!!
This recipe was delicious! I felt like I was eating off the olive garden menu! Yummy!!! The only thing I did different was leave out the red pepper flakes (don't like spicy) and I used 12 oz of bow tie noodles instead of 16 oz which made it more saucy, which I like!!! We even has leftovers:-)
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >