Italian Sausage with Bow Ties
“Here’s a family favorite that’s requested monthly in our house," writes Janelle Moore from Federal Way, Washington. "The Italian sausage paired with creamy tomato sauce tastes out of this world. Not only is this dish simple to make, it tastes like you slaved over a hot stove for hours!”
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook the sausage, onion and pepper flakes over medium heat for
- 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or
- until thickened, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; toss with
- sausage mixture. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic