Italian Sausage Stuffing Recipe
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 1 Hour 10 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links, casing removed or 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups dry unseasoned cubed bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1. In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until tender.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine bread stuffing, sausage, vegetables, Parmesan cheese, olives and seasonings.
- 4. Combine broth and eggs; add to bread mixture, stirring gently to mix. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish.
- 5. Cover and bake at 325°F for 60 minutes.
- 6. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC