- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links, casing removed or 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® All Natural Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups dry unseasoned cubed bread stuffing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink and lightly browned; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter and sauté celery, onion, green pepper and garlic until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine bread stuffing, sausage, vegetables, Parmesan cheese, olives and seasonings.
- Combine broth and eggs; add to bread mixture, stirring gently to mix. Transfer to a buttered 3-quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 325°F for 60 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Serve. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Stuffing in Johnsonville® Sausage 2015
Reviews for Italian Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review