Italian Sausage-Stuffed Squash Recipe
From Troy, Ontario, Ruth Lee writes, "A neighbor gave me this recipe and was so enthusiastic about it, I had to try it. This is absolutely the best way I know to serve acorn squash."
- 1 medium acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 Italian sausage link, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet; add the onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 3. Turn squash cut side up. Stuff with sausage mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 270 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 762mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage-Stuffed Squash
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC