Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
With two types of cheese, bacon and sausage, what's not to love about these tasty bites from Kelly McWherter of Houston, Texas? And the kicker: each one has less than 35 calories. Now that's reason to celebrate!
16 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 32 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set mushroom caps aside. In a
- small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushroom
- stems and sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool to room
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar
- cheese, onions and sausage mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake
- 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed mushrooms equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,