Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
With two types of cheese, bacon and sausage, what's not to love about these tasty bites from Kelly McWherter of Houston, Texas? And the kicker: each one has less than 35 calories. Now that's reason to celebrate!
- 32 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set mushroom caps aside. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushroom stems and sausage until meat is no longer pink; drain. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, onions and sausage mixture. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- 3. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 32 appetizers.
2 each: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Italian Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC