- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle over low heat, cook sausage in 1/2 cup water until no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes, soup, potatoes and Worcestershire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in peas and mushrooms; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Combine flour and remaining water to form a smooth paste; stir into stew. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes over medium heat. Sprinkle servings with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Sausage Stew
Sort By :
This recipe is wonderful. I shared it with all my co-workers who loved it as well.