Italian Sausage Spaghetti
Spicy slices of leftover sausage and Italian seasoning lend plenty of flavor to this speedy spaghetti sauce from Joyce Hostetler of Midway, Arkansas. The chunky mixture turns a plate of pasta into a satisfying second-day supper.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the sausage,
- tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with
- spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 364 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,230 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.