Spicy slices of leftover sausage and Italian seasoning lend plenty of flavor to this speedy spaghetti sauce from Joyce Hostetler of Midway, Arkansas. The chunky mixture turns a plate of pasta into a satisfying second-day supper.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cooked Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Spaghetti in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p20
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review