Italian Sausage Soup Recipe
This full-bodied soup will satisfy every size of appetite.
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 Italian sausage links
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium heat. Add a small amount of hot water. Cover and cook until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Cut into 1/4-in. slices and add to soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 3. Add spinach. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 266 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 1391mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC