Italian Sausage Skillet Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 3 small zucchini or yellow summer squash, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the pan; cool slightly before cutting into 1/4-in. slices; return to the pan. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Serve with rice or pasta. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Skillet(4)
Sort By :
I served with penne pasta, but will use rice next time since it wasn't very saucy. Still very tasty. I also added a bell pepper to the mix for a little more flavor.
Made this to take to shut in neighbor, was told this was the best meal ever!! Because of diet I omitted onion and used a smoked sausage and used italian stewed tomatoes. It was a big hit!
We used turkey Italian sausage, 2 big yellow squash, and Italian stewed tomatoes. Tasted good, just needed a bit of seasoning.
This is a wonderful recipe! I used a combination of zucchini & squash and served over linguini. Not only did it taste delicious, the colors of all the vegetables was very appealing. One of my guests who doesn't care for either zucchini or tomatoes loved this dish! Thanks for sharing!
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >