Italian Sausage Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and red pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rice, basil, soup, water and 1/4 cup cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-cup baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Rice Casserole(1)
Sort By :
I just made this recipe and it was so good! I added some broccoli and kale and used cheddar cheese since I had no mozzarella on hand. The next time I think I will add some sort of spice and mushrooms.