I don't remember where I got this recipe. It's been around for years. These sandwiches are great on a busy weeknight because they're easy to prepare yet very tasty
- 2 uncooked Italian sausage links
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste, optional
- 2 French or submarine rolls, split and toasted
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Return to pan and cook until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In same skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, red pepper and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Add the sausage, tomato, oregano and salt and pepper if desired. Cook until tomatoes are heated through. Spoon sausage mixture into rolls. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian-Sausage Pepper Sandwiches in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p72
Reviews for Italian-Sausage Pepper Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review