Italian Sausage N Peppers Supper Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, basil, garlic, oregano, thyme, caraway seeds and sliced sausage in oil until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes. Cook and stir until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and mix well. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage N Peppers Supper(3)
Sort By :
full of flavor and color, easily put together for a fast weeknight meal!
This recipe is one I make for my husband. ( I do not care for sausage or peppers or tomatoes.) He requests this recipe so it is one of my keepers!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >