I created this sausage and pepper dish after I enjoyed similar at an Italian restaurant. My young son loves it even though it is a little spicy. -Teresa Puszkar of Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound turkey Italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain. Cut sausage into 1/4-in. slices. In the same skillet, saute the peppers, basil, garlic, oregano, thyme, caraway seeds and sliced sausage in oil until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in tomatoes. Cook and stir until heated through. Drain pasta; add to skillet and mix well. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage N Peppers Supper in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage N Peppers Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review