Italian Sausage Mushrooms Recipe
These savory bites from Lorie Zufall of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania can be made with only a handful of items. "Whether you serve them as an elegant appetizer or as a side dish, they're sure to steal the show," she promises.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place caps on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons parsley and sausage until well blended. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- 3. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until heated through; drain. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 145 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC