Italian Sausage Mushrooms Recipe
These savory bites from Lorie Zufall of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania can be made with only a handful of items. "Whether you serve them as an elegant appetizer or as a side dish, they're sure to steal the show," she promises.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and discard mushroom stems. Place caps on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons parsley and sausage until well blended. Spoon into mushroom caps.
- Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until heated through; drain. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Mushrooms in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p19
Reviews for Italian Sausage Mushrooms(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >