- until tender. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, bay leaves,
- Italian seasoning, tomato paste and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool soup; transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a
- Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Stir in ditalini; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is
- tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 13 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without cheese) equals 280 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 828 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.