Italian Sausage Minestrone for Two Recipe
This no-fuss minestrone is perfect family fare on chilly days. Feeling daring? Substitute a can of butter beans or pinto beans for one of the cans of cannellini beans. I serve it with warm with crusty French bread for dipping into the broth.—Elizabeth Renteria, Vancouver, Washington
- 1/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup undrained fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- Shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the carrots, celery, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, tomato paste and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir in ditalini; return to a boil. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Serve with cheese. Yield: 3 cups.
1 cup: 296 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage Minestrone for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC