- lightly greased 9X5X3” loaf pan.
- Create a shallow indent in the meat allowing the edges to rise along
- the edge of the pan. Layer the provolone and the spinach leaves on
- top of the meat along the center, staying about 1/2 inch away from
- the edges. Cover completely with the 2nd half of the meat mixture
- forming a domed top and sealing the edges.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Spread the remaining 1/4 cup chili
- sauce over the top of the loaf and bake until a meat thermometer
- inserted in the center of the loaf registers 165°. About 15-20
- minutes longer. Allow the loaf to stand for 5-10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: Serves 4-6.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.