- Add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, cheese, hot sauce, Italian
- seasoning, sugar and salt. Stir in sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Serve
- with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup sauce with 1 cup pasta equals 441 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 991 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.