Johnsonville Italian Sausages make it simple to enjoy authentic Italian flavor. This classic lasagna dish is made so much easier when you’ve got Johnsonville backing you up. The flavor of the Italian sausages will help to make this recipe your new lasagna favorite!
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Italian Ground Sausage (or links, decased)
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cartons (15 ounces, each) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until pork is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Add marinara sauce and oregano; simmer for 5 minutes. In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, 1/4 cup Parmesan and spinach.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish, spread 1 cup meat sauce. Arrange 3 noodles over sauce. Spread one-fourth of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, top with 1 cup of meat sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat process 3 times. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Lasagna in Johnsonville® Sausage 2016
Reviews for Italian Sausage Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review