Italian Sausage Hoagies Recipe
- 10 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 loaves French bread (20 inches)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown sausage in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the spaghetti sauce, peppers, water, cheese, oregano and basil. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until sausage is no longer pink.
- Slice each French bread lengthwise but not all of the way through; cut each loaf widthwise into five pieces. Fill each with sausage, peppers and sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Hoagies
Sort By :
"WOW! YUM! I add a little sugar and 1/4 c red wine. My favorite spaghetti sauce to use with this recipe is Muir Glen, found in the organic section. Since finding this recipe, I've made it many times and it turns out delicious!"
"Would I make this again, absolutely! With the leftovers I served it over pasta. Key is a good Italian sausage."
"I did not care for this very much. I think I prefer Italian sausage that are grillled instead."