“This recipe has been in our family for more years than I would like to admit! It's quick and easy any time of the year. Anise seeds also make a great optional addition.” —Sally Yeagle, Burlington, Wisconsin
- 12 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 12 brat buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, tomato sauce, garlic, sugar and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve sausages on buns with sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Grinders in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p37
Reviews for Italian Sausage Grinders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review