Italian Sausage Fried Rice
I created this dish one day when I wasn't in the mood for anything I'd tried before. I used ingredients I had on hand. It's since become one of my family's requested meals.Janet Wood, Windham, New Hampshire
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the rice, onion and garlic; cook and stir until
- onion is tender. Stir in the water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until
- rice is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and peas; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or
- until peas are heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 279 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.