Italian Sausage Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in the water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes and peas; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until peas are heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 279 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Italian Sausage Fried Rice
"This makes an easy tasty midweek skillet meal. I just added some fresh cucumber, and we were good to go."