Italian Sausage Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the rice, onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in the water, salt and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes and peas; cover and cook 5-10 minutes longer or until peas are heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 279 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 866mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage Fried Rice
"This makes an easy tasty midweek skillet meal. I just added some fresh cucumber, and we were good to go."