Italian Sausage Egg Bake Recipe
This hearty entree warms up any breakfast or brunch menu with its herb-seasoned flavor. —Darlene Markham, Rochester, New York
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, casings removed and sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 9 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon sausage over bread; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 316 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Egg Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC