Italian Sausage Dinner
"My family loves this dish. It’s easy to prepare before I go to work, and it makes the house smell so good at the end of the day.” —Kathy Kasprowicz, Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large
- skillet, brown sausages in oil. Reduce heat. Add wine and Italian
- seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to
- slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes
- are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 287 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.