Italian Sausage Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil. Reduce heat. Add wine and Italian seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Dinner(8)
Sort By :
I added a can of tomatoes red yellow orange peppers a few of each at the end chok boy and have used spinach it was excellent I followed the recipe the first time liked it but expanded on it
Excellent ! Now if I can only remember to make this in the winter. I, too, would add garlic next time when browning the Italian Sausage . . . it seemed to be missing "a little something".
Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!
Also used turkey Italian sausage. This is a a great comfort food recipe!
Next time will add some minced garlic when I brown the meat.
Easy to throw together in the crock pot, delicious to eat and it made the kitchen smell great! I will definitely make this again.