- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 large green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Place the first six ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown sausages in oil. Reduce heat. Add wine and Italian seasoning, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Dinner
"This recipe was very good, easy & nutritious. I had picked up Italian Sausage at the grocery & looked for a recipe to fit what I had. I made it today for dinner.Of course, I never do things exactly by the recipe. . . . Deleted the peppers, added diced tomatoes at the table & leftovers, used both wine & broth as I made 2 1/2 x the recipe for most of the ingredients above. I added a little fennel. I will add the garlic suggested by others the next time.I used my electric pressure cooker to brown the sausage then added everything else. I had put it on "slow-cook" mode for about an hour when I realized I needed it to cook faster as our schedule changed. I locked down the pressure cooker lid & used a "preset" time of 35 minutes. (I'm still learning my pressure cooker. Next time, I will only do 15.) I had a full pot and leftovers for another 4 servings. I will definitely make this again!"
"This recipe was great. I also added garlic to the pan with the sausage. Did half the recipe for my husband and I. My husbands only complaint was that there wasn't enough sausage. The zucchini and peppers were a bit mushy. Might be a good idea to wait a couple hours into cooking to add them."
"I added a can of tomatoes red yellow orange peppers a few of each at the end chok boy and have used spinach it was excellent I followed the recipe the first time liked it but expanded on it"
"Excellent ! Now if I can only remember to make this in the winter. I, too, would add garlic next time when browning the Italian Sausage . . . it seemed to be missing "a little something"."
"Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!"