Italian Sausage Chili Recipe
I could barely boil water when I got out of the Navy, but I'm quite comfortable in the kitchen now. This recipe in one I created.
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Italian sausage link (1/4 pound), casing removed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the celery, onion and sweet peppers in oil until crisp-tender. Crumble the sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, kidney beans, water, tomato paste, chilies and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 549 calories, 29g fat (10g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1542mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 13g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Chili
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC