- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased baking sheet; pat into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Spread pizza sauce over one long side of dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Layer the spinach, sausage, mushrooms and cheese over sauce. Fold dough over filling; pinch seams to seal.
Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled unsliced calzone in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, place calzone on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 10 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Italian Sausage Calzone
Sort By :
"This was really good. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. I think I will use olives in place of them the next time. I agree with the previous writer that this does make a lot of filling and you could easily use 2 pizza crusts. It was difficult to stuff it all in one."
"i would use 2 pizza crust rolls--this makes a lot! Absolutely delicious!!!"
"This always satisfies my hungry boys. We use Italian sausage in alot of recipes and this one is a sure winner. It gets made alot since its so easy and fast to make."