Italian Sausage Bread
This Italian-style stuffed bread is packed with eggs, sausage, pepperoni and cheese. When I know I'll really be pressed for time, I bake this a day in advance and reheat slices for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare roll mix and knead dough according to package directions.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a large bowl, whisk eggs. In a large skillet, heat
- butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until
- eggs are completely set. In a large bowl, combine the scrambled
- eggs, sausage, pepperoni and cheeses.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; roll into a 14-in. x
- 12-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread filling to
- within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a
- short side; pinch seams to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased
- baking sheet.
- Beat egg yolk and water; brush over bread. Bake at 350° for 25-30