Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, divided
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 8 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Arrange 10 biscuits in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle sausage and red peppers over the biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and parsley. Pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter and sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and a knife inserted in the egg mixture comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 351 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 776 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.