Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake Recipe
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, divided
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 8 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Arrange 10 biscuits in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle sausage and red peppers over the biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and parsley. Pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter and sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and a knife inserted in the egg mixture comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 351 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 776mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake
"have made this twice, and the ingredients are correct, 8 eggs! it fluffs up like a souffle.You are not going to get 10 servings if you only use "1" egg"
"As with all saved TOH recipes, which by fardeserve greater than 5 stars, I'm puzzled by recipe ingredients. Would like to try this dish, but would use only **1 egg**. There very well may be a mistake in recipe. Perhaps TOH would be willing to look into/correct mistake."