This recipe is a keeper because all the components of a great breakfast go into one dish, making the morning less hectic for the cook. My family says it reminds them of their favorite fast-food sandwich—only better, of course!—Amanda Denton, Barre, Vermont
- 1-1/4 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, divided
- 1-1/3 cups chopped sweet red peppers
- 8 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Arrange 10 biscuits in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle sausage and red peppers over the biscuits. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and parsley. Pour over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top with remaining biscuits. Brush biscuits with butter and sprinkle with oregano. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown and a knife inserted in the egg mixture comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p276
Reviews for Italian Sausage Biscuit Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review