Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
Sort By :
I made this tonight and my husband gave it a big thumbs up - I added some yellow and red bell pepper slices that I had on hand. I served it with cheese tortellini drizzled with olive oil garlic powder oregano and parmesan cheese and focaccia bread. I will definitely make it again.