I'm always looking for new recipes to put variety into our meals. I like this one especially because it doesn't call for too many ingredients and makes an attractive, natural dish. We recently moved into a log home in the country with plenty of room outdoors for a garden, and I plan to grow lots of vegetables to use in similar stir-fry dishes.
- 1 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups julienned or coarsely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the zucchini, tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper sauce. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Garnish with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry in Country Woman May/June 1987, p29
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Sausage and Zucchini Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review